Gambling Addiction Treatment
A couple million people in the United States have a gambling addiction. In addition to that, there are around 20 million that have a gambling habit that negatively interferes with their life, both social and work.
Gambling occurs when someone risks something they value, such as money or property, in hopes that they will get something even greater out of the risk. Most people who have a gambling addiction have trouble controlling the urge to gamble. Sometimes, even with all personal efforts aside, they still end back up at the casino or poker tournament.
Here at Blue Hills Recovery, we want you to know that you aren’t alone. We know that overcoming any addiction, including a gambling addiction, is tough. However, you can do it. The first step is reaching out for help. The more help you get, especially from a professional team such as ours, the better chances of success you will have in your recovery.
Symptoms and Signs of Gambling
You probably know how much you spend on gambling, but do you have a gambling addiction. There are some symptoms and signs of gambling that we want to share with you including:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Compulsive gambling (feeling the “need” to gamble)
- Losing control of how much money you spend on gambling
- Obsessive thoughts and feeling related to gambling
- Needing to spend more money to get the same “high” feelings you used to get
- Not being able to stop or even cut back on gambling (even when telling yourself that you will do so)
- Using gambling to hide from life’s problems or from tough emotions
- Continuing to try getting money back that you lost while gambling
- Putting your important relationships in jeopardy because of the gambling habits you have
- Stealing to get money to gamble
- Going into debt or having unpaid bills because the money is spent on gambling
Some people can casually gamble, but it isn’t a problem for them. However, there are millions of others who relate to the symptoms and signs of gambling noted above. If you relate to any of those, let go of the hard feelings you continue placing on yourself. We are here to help.
Gambling Addiction Treatment
If you did relate to the symptoms and signs mentioned above for a gambling addiction, we want you to know there are treatment programs that can help you.
Here at Blue Hills Recovery, our team of experts has years of experience in treating gambling addictions, along with many other addictions and mental health disorders. We know that your circumstances are not the same as everyone else, so we will create a custom treatment plan to help “YOU” overcome your gambling addiction.
Some things that may be a part of your gambling addiction treatment plan include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- A combination of psychosocial and pharmacological treatments
- Learning relapse prevention tips
- Finding ways to replace negative or addictive habits with positive, healthy ones
- Support groups
- 12-step help
- Judgment-free zone
We offer a safe, comfortable and effective treatment program for anyone who has a gambling addiction. However, you will receive customized treatment to meet your needs. We will help you get to a place where you can regain control of your finances and your life.
Get Gambling Addiction Treatment Today
Do you relate to the gambling addiction symptoms and signs above? If so, contact us here at Blue Hills Recovery today. We can enroll you into our gambling addiction treatment program and start helping you turn your life back around.