Do you or someone you know have an addiction to heroin? If so and you or that person in your life is ready to overcome the addiction, it is crucial to know how to find the best heroin addiction treatment center today. The guide below is going to help you find the treatment program that will best fit your needs in recovery from a heroin addiction.
The heroin addiction treatment center you attend should have the proper certifications, accreditations and licensing. Why are these important? Well, everyone who needs to overcome an addiction to drugs or alcohol needs to get the help they need.
In most cases, especially if they are attending a treatment center program, they need a certain type of help and support. For this reason, it is vital that the treatment center program can prove they are trained and experienced in treating addiction. If they can do that, as we can here at Blue Hills Recovery Center, you can feel more at ease knowing you are getting help from professionals who care and know how to help people overcome addiction.
If you are looking for the best heroin addiction treatment center, another thing that you should look for is a caring and supportive team. The best way to find out if the team members have this type of personality is to give them a call. You can first talk to an office team member. Pay attention to how they respond to you. Are they caring, helpful, supportive and listening to you? If so, that should help to ease your mind about going to a treatment center. You can also ask to talk to other members of the team who you will be working with directly to see if they are open and caring with you, as well.
The rehab center team should ask you questions, as well. The best heroin addiction treatment center is going to have staff members who care about their clients. The team members might ask you questions such as:
- How long have you been using heroin or other drugs?
- Do you drink alcohol and do drugs?
- Do you have a family history of addiction (with drugs, alcohol, or any other type of addiction)?
- Are you feeling lonely or depressed right now?
- Have you tried to get treatment before, and if so, what type of treatment and when?
- What questions do you have for us?
- What is your life situation at this time (ex. kids, work, spouse, etc.)?
- Have you tried to quit using heroin before, and if so, how long did you quit and what challenges did you face?
- Do you feel like inpatient rehab is an option for you?
These are just some of the many questions the best heroin addiction treatment center team might have for you when you call. It is important to know that these questions are not asked to judge you. The team should be caring and respectful when asking you these things. They are trying to get a background on you and the addiction, so they can best help you to overcome it.
In addition to the treatment center team asking you questions, there are things you should ask them to ensure they are the best facility to help you overcome a heroin addiction. Some of the things that you should be asking the team include:
- What licenses and accreditations do you have?
- What are your standards for care?
- What are the treatments you use to help people overcome heroin addiction?
- Do you have medication-assisted treatment programs?
- Do your therapists use cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)?
- What are all the types of therapies offered in your treatment center?
- Do you have treatment programs that help people to work through mental health disorders and overcome addiction at the same time?
- Can I change my treatment plan if needed throughout the program?
- Will you help or offer resources after the treatment program is finished?
- Do you have age or gender-specific programs?
- Can you help teenagers or senior citizens overcome a heroin addiction?
- Do you have a psychiatrist and/or doctors on staff?
- Where is your facility located?
These are some questions that can help you to get a feel for whether the treatment center program is best for you.
Now you know more about how to find the best heroin addiction treatment center program. From here, you can start making calls to get the help you need in overcoming this type of addiction.
Contact us today, here at Blue Hills Recovery Center, to get into the best heroin addiction treatment center program.