Methamphetamine (also known as crystal, glass, ice, and meth) is a stimulant-type drug. It is similar to amphetamines. The drug is generally bluish-white-clear in color. Even the smallest amount of this drug can lead to severe effects. If someone uses meth along with other drugs or while consuming alcohol, the effects are even more severe.
If you have an addiction to meth, please reach out to us here at Blue Hills Recovery Center to get into a treatment program today.
Signs and Symptoms of Meth Use
How do you know if someone in your life is using meth or how do they know if you are the one using this drug? There are some signs and symptoms of meth use including:
- Extreme sweating
- Sudden, extreme weight loss
- Slow-healing sores
- Regular nosebleeds
- Breathing issues (generally irregular breathing)
- Dilated pupils
- Track marks on the body
- Burns on the fingers or lips
- Skin aging quicker than it should
- Bad breath
- Rotting/broken teeth (meth mouth)
- Becoming more agitated or anxious than usual
- Mood swings
- Feeling like insects are in the body
If you know someone who is experiencing these signs and you suspect they use drugs, it could be due to meth use.
Symptoms and Signs of Meth Use
When someone uses meth, it is going to affect their brain and body. The effects the user experiences may be different than when someone else uses it. However, there are some common signs and symptoms of meth use that everyone needs to know about such as:
- Losing interest in hobbies they did enjoy
- Not taking part in activities they normally would with family and friends
- Not respecting their loved ones or friends
- Isolating from anyone who mentions the drug use
- Making risky financial decisions (such as taking bill money to buy crystal meth)
- Stealing items/money to get money needed to buy this drug
- Being obsessive in organizing, cleaning, or with other tasks
- Forgetting essential appointments or events
- Becoming violent
- Being distracted (more than usual)
- Being impulsive
- Sleep pattern issues
- Severely high energy
- Talking a lot more than usual
- Not eating as much as usual
If you or someone you know is experiencing these signs or symptoms, it could be a result of meth addiction.
We are ready to help. Let’s get started on your tomorrow.
Get Treatment for a Meth Addiction Today
There are millions of people who struggle with meth use or meth addiction. Unfortunately, it is not easy to stop using this drug due to its severe addictive nature. If you or someone you know is experiencing signs or symptoms of a meth addiction, it is highly recommended that you reach out to a professional treatment center for help. The best way to overcome the addiction is to detox from the drug and then work a treatment program.
Contact our team, here at Blue Hills Recovery Center, to get into a treatment program for meth addiction today. We truly believe that you can get your life back when attending a professional addiction treatment program.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means
Let’s talk about how we can help.
A Life of Healing Can be Yours.
You deserve to become your best self. With decades of combined experience in the field of addiction medicine, our staff knows what it takes to build a foundation for recovery.