There are so many people who fall into an addictive lifestyle due to trauma, family history or other issues. Here at Blue Hills Recovery, we want you to know that you aren’t alone. We have many clients and past clients who have or are going through similar situations that you are. They have used drugs or alcohol to hide their pain, to socialize or to cope with various things in their life.
You might struggle with a mental health condition such as PTSD and drink alcohol or do drugs to bury the symptoms. You might have a straight addiction and can’t seem to overcome it despite how much you try. The good news is that our team offers many treatments that can help you to move past your addictive lifestyle and into recovery. One treatment we can offer to you is 12 step facilitation therapy.
Defining 12 Step Facilitation Therapy
When you enter recovery from an addiction, you are likely already overwhelmed. You don’t need even more stress added to your life due to not knowing what treatments are available to you. This is why our Blue Hills Recovery team will lay out the details of each treatment. We want you to feel comfortable knowing what you can expect when entering the recovery program.
12 step facilitation therapy helps you to engage more actively in the recovery process. There are 12 steps that can help you to work through obstacles, deal with amends, increase your chances of staying clean and improve your recovery in many other ways, as well.
12 Step Facilitation Therapy Principles
As you move more toward a life of recovery from addiction, it is important to know what you can work on during the recovery process. If you are attending 12 step facilitation therapy sessions, there are certain principles that you will encounter. These principles are as follows:
- Acceptance of the disease you have and how to overcome it
- Surrendering to a higher power, so you know you aren’t alone
- Actively engaging and participating in your recovery by sharing and joining in with others as they look for support
By following these principles, you can increase your chances of living a happier, more comfortable recovery. You can have more control over the recovery process and work through things that have been drawing you back into the addiction. By doing these things, you have a better chance of staying in recovery for longer.
Things You Will Work on During the 12 Steps
If you attend 12 step facilitation therapy, you will work through the 12 steps. Each one of the steps can help you to build a strong recovery foundation. The things you will work on throughout the 12 steps include:
- Admitting you were powerless over alcohol and that your life was unmanageable
- Coming to believe that a Power greater than yourself can restore you to sanity
- Making a decision to turn your will and your life over to God as you understand Him
- Making a searching and fearless inventory of yourself
- Admitting to God, to yourself, and to another person the exact nature of your wrongs
- Be entirely ready to have God take away all your character defects
- Humbly ask God to remove your shortcomings
- Make a list of everyone you have harmed and become willing to make amends to each one of them
- Make direct amends to those you can, except when doing so would injure those people or another person
- Continuing to take a personal inventory and when you are wrong admit so promptly
- Seek through prayer and meditation to improve your conscious contact with God as you understand Him, praying only for the knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that will out
- Have a spiritual awakening as the result of the 12 steps, try carrying the message to other people who have an addiction, and practice the principles in each one your affairs
As you can see, you will work through quite a few things when going through the 12 steps. However, when you attend a Blue Hills Recovery program, you will get the support you need when doing so. If you have questions about the 12 steps or the 12 step facilitation therapy, please talk to someone from our recovery center today. We would be happy to walk you through the recovery process and how these 12 steps can improve your chances of having a successful recovery.
Let 12 Step Facilitation Therapy Help You in Recovery
Do you have an addiction to any harmful substances? If so, our Blue Hills Recovery team would like to assist you throughout your recovery. One way we can do this is by getting you into 12 step facilitation therapy. This treatment can change your life in recovery for the better in so many ways.
Contact us today to get started with 12 step facilitation therapy and other addiction or mental health disorder treatments.
Now is the perfect time to heal
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means
Let’s talk about how we can help.
A Life of Healing Can be Yours.
You deserve to become your best self. With decades of combined experience in the field of addiction medicine, our staff knows what it takes to build a foundation for recovery.